Phone Enquiries:   +613 9329 8744
Email Enquiries:
Immigration Lawyers Melbourne

Sponsor an Employee

Do you require an Immigration Lawyer to assist you to Sponsor an Employee for a temporary Visa to work in Australia?

immigration Lawyers Australia VISA Melbourne

Sponsor an Employee for a Visa to work in Australia

If you are seeking to sponsor foreign workers, or a candidate seeking to apply for a visa via a potential sponsor, there are a number of options available to you.

Employer sponsored or employer nominated visas may be appropriate where an Australian entity wishes to hire certain skilled foreign individuals, or where an overseas company wishes to send employees to work for their business/an associated business in Australia. These visas can be temporary, for example:

  • Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa – the most common and versatile temporary visa.
  • Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa – for highly specialised, non-ongoing work in Australia.
  • Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa – for regional employers to fill labour shortages.
  • Subclass 407 Training visa – for individuals to undertake workplace-based occupational training for the purpose of improving their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise, or for participation in a professional development training program in Australia.
  • Subclass 408 – Temporary Activity visa – for individuals to undertake specific types of short-term work in Australia, categorised into the following streams:
  • Special Program – to take part in an approved special program, which can include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs, school language assistants or “gap year school volunteering “.
    • Religious Work – to undertake full-time religious work for a religious institution in Australia.
    • Research Activities – to observe or take part in a research project at a research or tertiary institution in Australia.
    • Invited Participant – to come to Australia if you are invited to participate in a community-based event, including sporting events.
    • Sporting Activities – to play, coach, instruct or adjudicate for an Australian team, or do high level sports training with a sporting organisation.
    • Entertainment Activities – to work in the entertainment industry on film, television or live productions as a performer, production or support staff.
    • Superyacht Crew – to work in Australia as a crew member of a superyacht.
    • Exchange Arrangements – to come to Australia as part of a staff exchange with an Australian organisation.
    • Australian Government Endorsed Events – to come to Australia to participate in events which are endorsed by the Australian Government.
    • Domestic Work for Executives – to come to Australia to do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives.

Sponsor an Employee for a permanent Visa to live and work in Australia

Employers may also sponsor candidates for permanent visas, for example:

  • Subclass 186 Employer Nomination Scheme visa.
  • Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa.

In all cases, the employer must apply to the Department of Home Affairs to sponsor an individual in an approved position within the organisation, and the visa applicant must meet relevant requirements to enter/remain and work in Australia.

Erskine Rodan & Associates has worked with thousands of candidates and employers of all kinds, from sole traders to the Human Resources Directors of publicly listed companies.

We are also experienced in conducting risk management for, and defence of, companies employing foreign workers.

If you would like to find out more about employer sponsored visas, to start or fix an application, call a specialist immigration lawyer right now on +61 3 9329 8744.

Phone Erskine Rodan & Associates
+61 3 9329 8744
Fax Erskine Rodan & Associates
+61 3 9328 4191
Email Erskine Rodan & Associates
Erskine Rodan & Associates
Translate »